The moment I hate myself the most of being a shopaholic always comes while moving apartment. Unfortunately, it happens to be a regular exercise living in Hong Kong as the rent often rises faster than one’s income.
讓一個購物狂最抓狂的時刻, 非搬家莫屬. 偏偏香港居大不易, 房租增長的速度永遠快過銀行戶口的數字成長, 因此搬家幾乎已成為家常便飯.
I just had my house moving in the past week. Before settled in the new place, I could only live with a small luggage of fashion items I could pack. Always struggling to downsize my belongings yet failing all the time, I take this moving as an opportunity to challenge myself how minimal, yet still stylish, I can live to cope with my summer casual moments and those fashionable occasions. Here comes my packing list:
上個星期我剛搬完家. 在安頓下來之前, 我只能依賴一個小行李箱過活. 一路以來, 我一直發願要嘗試極簡生活, 但決心敵不過慾望, 屢試屢敗. 因此, 我將這次搬家當作一個挑戰自己的機會, 嘗試用最精簡的行頭, 打造因應各類場合的個性造型. 以下是我的打包清單:
1. Simple dress with twisted details
Little black and white dresses are definitely essential for all occasions. I intentionally pick these two with interesting details: the creative silhouette and the see-through fabric of this Junya Watanaba little black dress is perfect enough itself for a statement; the ruffle on the bottom of this white dress gives volume and a vivid spirit on body.
黑白小洋裝肯定是百搭首選. 我刻意挑選這兩件極有設計感的小洋裝: 渡邊淳彌這件小黑洋裝多層次的剪裁, 網狀布料讓身體若隱若現, 不需要特別搭配任何飾品, 本身個性感就極強; 白色這件洋裝下擺的垂墜花邊, 則創造了活潑的豐盈感.
2. Maxi skirts
Maxi skirt style can be multi-faceted- it can be sexy, bohemian or formal depending on how one mix and match. This Y’s Pale blue and white Marni skirt both have charming front-ruffle, which becomes a statement already and thus the matching pieces can be just simple. The colors add lightness to the mood and style- just fabulous for the sweaty summer!
長裙在造型上的可塑性很高: 它可以性感, 可以波希米亞, 也可以成為正式裝扮. 這件淺藍色的Y’s 和白色的Marni長裙, 正面都有迷人的皺褶設計, 搭配簡單的單品就已經極具特色. 此外, 這兩款清新的顏色, 在炎炎夏日, 能提升心情和造型上的輕盈感.
3. Stripes rule
Stripe top is a staple that never go out of style! It looks neutral, effortless yet the same powerful as any prints, and can be easily paired with anything: plain colors or prints, skirts or trousers in varies materials. I love the pleated waist design of this black-and-white Sacai, which embellishes whatever I match on the bottom. The red piece always gives me a french mood as it epitomizes Parisian style.
條紋上衣應該是每個人衣櫥必備的單品, 因為它絕不退流行. 條紋上衣看起來簡單隨性, 造型上創造的氣勢卻不輸任何印花圖案, 而且百搭: 不管配上各種顏色或各式印花, 任何材質的裙裝和褲裝, 條紋上衣能讓你造型百變. 我很喜歡Sacai這件黑白條紋上衣腰間的皺褶設計, 不管下身再簡單, 都有畫龍點睛的效果; 而紅色條紋上衣則讓我充滿法式風情, 因為這正是巴黎女人的經典風格之一.
I can’t think of any reason not to love jumpsuits. It has a perfect ease and comfort, can be cool yet feminine enough. With different accessories, it demonstrates a wide range of style possibilities: edgy, formal or chilled. This breezy silk jumpsuit just perfectly illustrate how effortless chic is like.
說實在的, 我真的想不到有任何理由能不愛上穿連身褲. 它簡單舒適, 可以讓你看來很酷, 卻又不失女人味. 不同配搭, 一件連身褲就能展現不同個性: 可以前衛活潑, 可以正式, 更別說休閒隨性. 我這件絲質的黑色連身褲觸感柔軟, 設計簡單卻又大氣, 隨意搭配幾件飾品, 就能流洩出那種不費力的時髦感.
1. I love loud pieces sometimes as they are indeed fascinating. Yet the versatility of minimal pieces with a twist would surprise you and live much longer in your wardrobe!
2. Accessories matter- it gives life to a dull silhouette.
3. I never find it easy to manage my wardrobe by the number of fashion items as suggested by the the book “Danshari”(“refusal, disposal & separation”- meaning to get rid of clutter in one’s life). However, I have to admit that life would be much easier if keeping less choices in essential category. Furthermore, it makes the seasonal shopping more fun and with a better vision.
1. 我常被具有強烈設計感的衣著吸引, 因為他們的確令人驚艷. 但簡練的單品在搭配和造型上威力強大, 其實他們才是能在你衣櫥裡長命百歲, 歷久彌新的狠角色.
2. 飾品很重要, 他們會讓再簡單無聊的衣著都起死回生.
3. 之前拜讀著名的斷離捨, 書中分享用數量來管理衣櫥的技巧, 老實說, 我真的做不到. 但經過這次實驗, 我必須承認, 生活中少一點選擇, 有時確實會簡單快樂些. 練習在衣櫥中擁有數量少件, 質量卻高的簡練單品, 也會讓每一季添購季節新裝時更清楚自己的需求, 買得更爽快無悔.